Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Blogger Stylee

Experimenting with my own blog that I can take offline quickly (USB Stick) in case of some reason why I would want to work offline. Like, I've got a client who I want to bill for something really juicy, and I don't want someone else to steal my thunder.

Normally, I like to work openly... there is perhaps no reason to make this an absolute policy, sometimes working transparently can actually affect your bottom line. Today, I believe there is good reason to work in the open, where others can benefit from your example.

1 comment:

yebyen said...

The operative difference here is that I want to be able to take it offline, and keep all of my data. It should be integrated with the various feeds that I populate, which means it should cache their data locally in case offline operation is demanded.

Facebook provides a good example of bad integration here. The blogger posts are imported into my "Notes" section, but the Notes section has its own Comments section that does not integrate with the Blogger comments data. This may be a mammoth integration task.