Friday, June 8, 2007

Marketing Woes

This is bothering me, and so I figure I'd better blog about it. It seems like technical people (in particular the most brilliant ones) have a generally hard time relating with people, especially when it comes to anyone who works in marketing. I've seen this recur so many times that I think it's worth further analysis, in fact I would like to write a book on the topic! Any publishers interested? Sign me up! :)

Technical people spend a lot of time in front of a computer, doing in-depth research on complex systems. Conversely, I see marketing people, and I observe a strong affinity for personal contact and the 30 second message. Here at Tuesday Studios, I call myself the President of a Middleware company. What does that mean, practically speaking? I do my best to play both roles, without exploding or any similarly horrible fate!

What does this mean to you? Well, I'm the president of a company with really just one employee... so in truth I hope it means that we will be the best of friends, whoever you are, or may decide to be!

Namaste

No comments: