Thursday, July 12, 2007

Laughing from Afghanistan to Iraq

If you speak English (and you probably do if you found this page), then you might have noticed as I have (and I'm probably not the first Irishman to think in this way, it's a funny coincidence) that Afghanistan was the first target in the so-called war on terror, and that Afghanistan is also the first country out of all countries in an alphabetical list. Now I'm not suggesting that President Bush decides his political strategy by opening a phone book and starting at the beginning, but I was watching Comedy Central one day and I took note of the fact that the writers for Lil' Bush put that same kind of thinking into their Fathers' Day episode.

It's funny! I'm not trying to say that death and fighting are laughable, or that we should take terrorism as a source of amusement, but why don't you go ahead and ask George Carlin for his opinion. Death can be funny. In fact, death is damn near all he's been talking about, the last few times I've seen him doing stand-up comedy sketches, and I've always thought him to be a fantastic comedian. I thought it was funny then, and I'll probably continue to think that way until it's too late anymore, for thinking any other way. So while you keep on trucking, please do keep on laughing. It's good for you, and it's good for us!

Cheers,
Kingdon

No comments: